My husband to this day has no clue how much money I spent on this party, because I deliberately did not keep track!
So, the evidence in a slideshow (I hope):
Included please notice:
- The dementor pinata (I made two, on for this party and one for a HP Lexicon Gathering)
- The kids, Harry, and I (it was hot, we were wilting)
- The gown it took me eons to sew. I beaded the front, hand crochet the lace on the collar out of thread, and even though I started it before the cover art was released... I MATCHED THE BOOK!!! lol
- My sister, the house elf was in an accident a few days prior, so she was on crutches, poor thing. Yes, I made the ears and the towel toga. BTW, Harry was a pic I downloaded and put on cardboard then attached to my shirt and old witch outfit on a hanger.
- My son fights the dementor (I always make my pinatas too strong, sigh)
- The butterbeer barrel I made to go over our big spigot watercooler, and the lion mask on top of it. For the barrel I used woodgrain contact paper over cardboard. For the lion mask (I wish it roared like Luna's) I used a punching balloon, "Great Stuff" spray insulation foam, paper mache', nylons, markers, and paint. You could see through the eyes.
- The snitch
- The "hourglasses" that held the house points (colored glass jewels from the floral dept.)